About The District
The International Drive Master Transit and Improvement District d/b/a International Drive Business Improvement District (the “District) is an independent special district created pursuant to Article VII of the Florida constitution and Section 125.01 (5) of the Florida Statutes through ordinances passed by Orange County, Florida and the City of Orlando, Florida. The District was created via Orange County Ordinance #92-37 on November 10, 1992 and is funded primarily by ad valorem revenues assessed through three Municipal Service Taxing Units (MSTU). The fiscal year of the District begins on October 1 and ends on September 30.
- Comprised of a total land parcel count of approximately 10,387.
- Three separate taxing units (MSTU's) are jointly governed by a Governing Board and an appointed Advisory Board.
- The District represents approximately $9.6 billion in Gross Taxable Value as of fiscal year 2018.
- Encompassing 6,000+ acres.
The District is charged with the responsibility of managing, coordinating and/or implementing several major initiatives that contribute to the current and future economic development for the International Drive Resort Area.
- Operation and marketing of the I-RIDE Trolley, the exclusive transportation service for the International Drive Resort Area, which travels along a 11-mile circular route. Ridership on the 14 trolleys was 1,318,151 trips in fiscal year 2018.
- The marketing and promotion of International Drive as Orlando's Most Dynamic Destination!
- International Drive Official Visitors Guide - 430,000 produced each
- I-RIDE Trolley Map & Coupon Guide - 150,000 produced each year.
- InternationalDriveOrlando.com and IRideTrolley.com
- Public Relations - ongoing local and national communications campaigns.
- Maintain ongoing communication with current and future developers
within the District.
- Coordinate and provide recommendations to private and local/state
government organizations on matters relating to traffic, enhancement for pedestrian
safety, over all mobility, security and beautification within the District.
- Coordinate and fund the "TOPS" public safety program being operated on behalf of the District by the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the Orlando Police Department.
- Coordinate District Partner involvement in community initiatives such as: Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Event, Salvation Army Angel Tree Program, and the Florida Citrus Bowl Game Fan Festivities on I-Drive.
- Research, compile and report on all confirmed development within the International Drive Resort Area: including monthly article and development map.
- Provide bi-weekly electronic communication to the District Partners about the activities scheduled within the Orange County Convention Center.
- Recommend and implement beautification improvements throughout the International Drive Resort Area.
- Provide an environment which enhances the visitor experience through administration
of landscaping maintenance and code enforcement programs.
- District Ordinances & Resolutions
- District Taxable Value 2018
- District Fiscal Year 2017 Audit Report
- District Fiscal Year 2019 Budget
The Governing Board
The Governing Board is comprised of three members of local government: the Orange County Mayor, the Orange County District 6 Commissioner and the City of Orlando District 6 Commissioner. Current Board members are:
The physical address of each member of the Governing Board may be obtained on the following respective websites of Orange County and City of Orlando.
The Advisory Board
The District is served by a five-member Advisory Board: three members are appointed by
Orange County and two are appointed by the City of Orlando. Members must be a District property owner, an owner-appointed representative, or an employee of a property owner.
Sibille Pritchard, Vice President, Orlando Plaza Partners
- Other Members
Harris Rosen, President, Rosen Hotels
Russ Dagon, Senior VP of Resort Development, Universal Orlando Creative
Jim Dean, President, SeaWorld Orlando
Joshua Wallack, Chief Operating Officer, Mango’s Tropical Café
- District Staff