Information at a Glance
- 6 of the World’s Greatest Theme Parks . . . SeaWorld®, Discovery Cove®, Aquatica, SeaWorld's Water Park®, Universal Studios®, Islands of Adventure® and Universal's Volcano Bay™!
- Plus 35+ Additional Thrilling Attractions!
- 125+ Hotels and Resorts!
- 5 Entertainment Complexes!
- 55+ Music, Comedy and Nightlife Venues!
- 3 Stadium-Style Movie Cinemas!
- 600+ Designer, Brand-Name and Outlet Stores!
- 300+ Spectacular Restaurants!
- The Nation’s 3rd Largest Convention Center!
- Convenient, Fun I•RIDE Trolley Service!
- International Drive is comprised of a total land parcel count of 10,387
- The District represents $10.3 billion in Gross Taxable Value on the 2021 tax roll according to the Orange County Property Appraisers report.
- Encompassing 6,000+ Acres
International Drive Visitors
7.7 Million overnight & day visitors in 2020.
Average Room Occupancy
|2018 ||80.4% |
Employs 75,000 people as of 2019.
- Orlando International Premium Outlets
- Pointe Orlando
- Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets
- Vineland Pointe
Dr. Phillips Hospital
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (part of Orlando Health) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the Orlando’s tourist areas and the residents of Southwest Orange County. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. http://www.orlandohealth.com/drpphillipshospital/index.aspx
Rosen College of Hospitality – University of Central Florida
With some of the world's top-rated attractions, resorts, restaurants, and convention spaces located just minutes from campus, the Rosen College of Hospitality Management at the University of Central Florida provides students with an unrivaled opportunity to learn and work in the industry's leading market. In addition to studying under our faculty of internationally-recognized experts, students benefit from our unparalleled industry partnerships that provide access to guest speakers, internships, memberships, scholarships, and networking opportunities that help stimulate successful careers in this exciting and thriving industry. http://hospitality.ucf.edu
Orange County Convention Center
As the third largest convention center in the country, the award-winning Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) provides a multitude of event options in two beautiful facilities - the West Building and the North/South Building - for a combined offering of the following features:
- 2.1 million-square feet of exhibition space
- Two 92,000-square foot general assembly areas
- 74 meeting rooms/235 breakouts
- The 2,643-seat Chapin Theater
- A 160-seat Lecture Hall
- The 62,000-square foot multi-purpose Valencia Room
- Three full-service restaurants/8 food courts
- Three business centers
- In-house electric, plumbing, rigging and technical services, plus wireless mobility throughout the complex
- On-site parking for 6,227
- Covered boarding for 59 buses
- Three covered loading docks/173 truck bays
- Surrounded by over 125,000 guest rooms, including over 5,000 directly connected to the facility by pedestrian bridges
Total Convention Center Attendance
Source Orange County Convention Center
Source Attendance estimates provided by Orange County Convention Center clients.
|Fiscal Year Ending
||Number of Events
|2020||660,000 ||79 |
|2019 ||1,453,507 ||170 |
|2018 ||1,474,378 ||192 |
The Resort area is serviced by two international airports:
||2018 ||2019 ||2020 |
| Orlando International Airport
|| 41,095,987|| 43,455,953 || 19,999,356|
|| 6,600,000|| 7,157,074|| 1,618,447|
| Source Orlando International Airport
| Orlando Sanford Airport
|| 2,850,212|| 3,060,960|| |
|| 244,275|| 230,152|| |
| Source Orlando Sanford Airport
International Drive also is supported by local visitation. The Orlando, Florida metropolitan area has a population of 2,509,831 and it is the 3rd largest metro area in Florida, and the 23rd largest metropolitan area in the United States. The city-proper population is 270,934 making Orlando the 71st largest city in the United States. It is Florida's 4th largest city by population.
Source Visit Orlando